创建, 实现, and assessment of a quality enhancement plan (QEP) is part of Craven Community 大学’s accreditation process. The QEP itself is a carefully designed and focused course of action that addresses a topic or issue related to student learning. Craven will focus its QEP on academic advising through implementing the 建议 Community Engagement (ACE) program through 2022.
Academic advising directly impacts student learning by assisting 学生 in goal setting, 规划, 生涯探索, 绘制出简洁有序的路径. It is a critical point of contact, support, and connection to the college. 建议 also provides an important, but often overlooked, intervention known as “reality checking.” All these tools are necessary elements of student learning and success. 克雷文CC has developed an advising model that fosters that success—one that is founded on providing 学生 a more structured advising program and the opportunity for consistent and persistent one-on-one contact.
克雷文CC’s ACE program is a comprehensive advising model that fosters collaborative relationships between 学生 and their advising teams. The intent of this relationship is to guide 学生 through the development of educational goals that align with their personal interests, 技能, and abilities and to provide 学生 with layers of comprehensive support. 每个咨询小组由一名专业顾问组成, 教师导师, 职业顾问/教练, and a peer mentor—all from the student’s intended program of study. ACE furthers the mission of our institution by building relationships that enhance learning, 导致教育目标的实现, and assure our 学生 contribute and compete in a diverse and global economy.
克雷文CC, 通过协作努力和团队方法, will create a comprehensive advising community to give 学生 many layers of support at critical stages in their academic experience. These principles and practices will encourage dialogue with advisees, 提升学生自我效能感, and create a more meaningful and reflective advising experience. Embracing the concept of an advising community will improve student persistence and completion rates at the institution.
QEP目标1: Create advising partnerships between 学生 and the college community
QEP目标2: 协助学生策划, 集成, and align their academic program to meet their personal and career goals
Once chosen by the 克雷文CC collective, the project should be clear and succinct. 不要超过100页, including a narrative of no more than 75 pages and appendices of no more than 25 pages.
The QEP is expected to be a document developed by the 大学 that includes (1) a college-wide process for identifying key issues and (2) broad-based involvement of 大学 constituencies in the development and proposed 实现 of the QEP. The 大学’s QEP should demonstrate support of its constituencies through:
- 主要选民团体一致认为，量化宽松政策, rather than being merely a requirement for reaffirmation of accreditation, can result in significant or transformative improvements in the quality of student learning
- Broad-based institutional participation of all appropriate campus constituencies in the identification of the topic or issue to be addressed by the QEP
- Careful review of research and best practices related to the topic or issue
- Allocation of adequate human and financial resources to develop, implement, and 维持 the QEP
- Implementation strategies that include a clear timeline and assignment of responsibilities
- A structure established for evaluating the extent to which the goals set for the plans are attained
Review committees expect the 大学 to demonstrate its commitment to the QEP by providing realistic operational plans for implementing, 维护, 完成项目. The following are guidelines used in evaluating an institution’s QEP:
- The institution identifies a critical issue(s) related to student learning and justifies its use for the QEP
- The institution provides evidence that it has sufficient resources to implement, 维持, 并完成QEP
- The institution prepares an assessment plan that will demonstrate the success of the plan
- The institution demonstrates that all aspects of the institution’s community have been involved in the process, 包括受托人, 学生, 和校友